Sunday, November 11, 2007

What's In A Fish Name?

I’ve been so out of YAPping for quite sometime that I forgot to grieve my lovely Nema. Nema my aquamarine and red betta splendens forgot to breath. =) Isa found her colorless one Thursday afternoon and blamed me. Either she went real hungry or she had a very rough mating :P I told him she couldn’t have died of starvation because bettas can live unfed for 3 days. And I did feed her well a day ago after I changed her water. Feeling sorry for Nema, he buried her with his own special ceremonies in the common parking lot. Tsk..tsk..I bet she she decided she couldn’t bear her name anymore. Who the hell names their fish Nema to partner a betta Nemo? Nemos are supposed to be clownfish(es) for heaven’s sake!

Anyway, making up for
Nema’s loss we bought a new female betta. He insists on naming her Nema after Nema although I am still thinking of a better name. She’s spooked by the camera and I put her back in her isolation glass. I found out she’s taking time to adjust and she certainly hates to swim in the common tank with Hideeey. Yeah, that reminds me. Hideeey is such a hideous name for a fish who keeps on hiding behind his tank plants. We ran out of creative juices, sorry..



Nema in Isolation











Ravaged after mating



















Recuperating












And meet my new fish!

Hideeeeey!







(Nema2) wtf am I doing here?!









darting down










gasping for air











swiish to the left









swiish to the right








watcha lookin' at?!?!








talk to the tail!







get away lady! i'm warning you!!!


No comments: