Thursday, November 29, 2007

Trouble In Paradise

I have a headset glued to my ears. That bloody Antonio Trillanes IV struck again. Can't help but think, this guy seems to have a penchant for staging coups in upscale Hotels. Four years ago along with the Magdalo they staged the Oakwood Mutiny. Now after storming out of a Makati Trial Court and calling for GMA to step down, he sits with them at the Manila Peninsula Hotel. What's next? Makati Shangrila?

Right now I am listening to online AM radio broadcasts and could hear fires shot, reports on tear gases at the lobby. I am reading news on guests leaving hastily...NEWS

I do admire people with a burning passion to change the government for the better. Initially I did admire his guts to express his discontent although his way of expression is not something I approved of. Even as a student I have not advocated petty rallies and dramas such as this because I believe there are other effective ways of getting a problem solved. And walking on the streets and disrupting peace. As time goes by I see Trillanes as childish and impulsive and hot-tempered. I don't see anything good coming out of this second coup attempt. Only the fact that our tourism and economy will once again go down. I am no GMA supporter but seriously I believe she has done her job the best that she can. Show me a an honest, clean and brilliant Filipino politician who is fit to head our nation right now. I'm racking my brains to find one. But definitely Trillanes IV won't be one of them.

No comments: