Saturday, April 5, 2008

What If?

03 April 2007

A Bahraini was sentence to ONE YEAR in jail for pocketing BD197,000 (approx 21M PHP or half-million USD) that was wrongfully credited to his bank account instead of BD197.

I don't want to be a hypocrite, I thoroughly envisaged a life if it had been me. With that money I can donate 5 million pesos to charity and still have enough money to invest and live a better life. I'd probably run away and live somewhere else. That, if my conscience does not get the better of me. Someone is bound to pay dearly for that mistake - for entering a comma instead of a period between 7 and o. Hubby says he'd be willing to go in jail for a year for all that. Probably he forgot about spending eternity in jahannam. Logically, yes. What is a year anyway for that amount of money? I saw it once and I saw it again, this country has a funny way of issuing verdicts and setting punishments..

If it is your bank account, what would you do?

No comments: