Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Letter To My Dying Laptop

My dearest Laptop,

I am really sorry to have used abused you in the worst imaginable way. I am terribly sorry for not caring when you moaned, wheezed and screamed in agony. I should have taken you to a PC doctor but I never did find the time to do that.

I remember when I first had you. I could still imagine how I spent hours preparing your niche in my work corner; how I had lovingly stroked your cover; how I had marveled at your beauty. I never knew boredom with you around. You told me tales of far-away land, entertain me with your songs, displayed images of my loved-ones (and of me!), and occupied me with your gaming treasures. And most important, you are my confidante.

I tried to revive you, restore your system. You stubbornly refused, threatening to delete all my documents. My heart almost jumped out of my throat. I don't know if it's at the thought of losing you or plainly losing access to my documents. You did get a little better but I promise not to play PC doctor again.

Yesterday I tested your patience by downloading a trial PC game. I immensely enjoyed that game. I thank your intermittent error breakdowns for allowing me to play the game a little longer. But when I left you open last night in the hope of you having a seizure so I can continue that game, you steadfastly remained opened. Now I don't know whether to curse or sigh. I feel guilty for hoping you'd have a relapse. I should be happy you're okay although I really raise my head to heavens wondering why you just didn't shut down when I needed you to.

Anyway, my dying laptop, please don't go as yet. My new plaything is coming soon. It will have more speed and more memory than you do but you will always be the best in my heart. I promise to love you and keep you in a special place in my work station.

XOXO,
BG

1 comment:

MeAnn said...

for others they might say this one's crazy but for me, it just shows that we know how to value even the simplest things.. :)