Sunday, December 9, 2007

It Ain't Friday the 13th Yet!

Today's a bad day...
It started at exactly midnight when my laptop just refused to cooperate. I have deliberately delayed my reformating schedule so I have to suffer my laptop going bonkers. She just shuts down without warning when she feels like it. Most of the time she just stood there graphically frozen and belting out like a "sirang plaka".

I tried to read instead. I picked up "Mother Without A Mask" and started reading 3 pages back from my bookmark. I barely finished 5 pages when a she-cat started screaming like a banshee. I think she's about to get cat-raped. I tried to ignore her cries until I decided to let the coward in me takeover. It's 2:30 am and I certainly don't want to be dreaming of her blood-curling cries.

My hubby as usual is so busy and focused with his work he forgot to call me. He seems oblivious to the fact that his dearly coward wife is home alone..

I switched on my Ipod to drown noises but after a few minutes the battery blinks. I remembered today is one of my friends' birthday. I scrolled my contact list and found out she's not in my list. How can I be so unlucky todaaaaaaaaay???

Finally I drift into oblivion and woke up dreaming about ghosts and evil. I literally jump out of bed to see the time: 8:15!! WTF!!!?!! I got more frenzied when I recalled today is the first day for our 5th Leadership Training and I am supposed to coordinate with the Trainor in setting up the venue. I curse myself for asking our driver to pick me up at 8:30 instead of the usual 7:30. I picked up my phone and once again throw expletives at myself when I saw 3 missed calls from my manager, 2 from the training coordinator and 5 from office.

I barely have time to catch my breath when I my rude colleague asked in his normal rude high-pitched voice: "Where is my USB? I have work to finish at home also" I flung the USB to his direction along with mild expletives. I then kept silent from then on and wore a permanent scowl for the day. He did not dare talk to me again. I normally ignore his poor communication skills but today I am in my worst spirits. I wanted to lash out and point out that his Flash Drive is old and worn and slightly faulty and bulky and has a mere 512mb capacity. I, on the other hand have 3 branded Flash Drives in 1, 2 & 5 G. I held back myself and decided to keep my scowl.

My colleague, despite his mathematical prowess, is very rude. He is actually not being rude. It's just his way and tone of talking and explaining is almost akin to arrogance and rudeness. I am a normally calm person but in time I hear myself speaking to him in the same manner. We say in Tagalog "pabalang na sagot/tono". We talk and discussed in raised voices and I usually end up more frustrated for being in this damn office. I silently recall the circumstances which led me to stay in our Bahrain office along with this autistic rude man, the lazy "mudir" (manager or boss, you can say) who spends more time on tea and cigarette breaks, the lady skeptic who have long been frustrated with these idiots that she simply won't give an extra mile at work, and the Bahraini who resents the fact that we are her superiors and tells everyone she has a psych degree from Egypt and she shouldn't be doing these lowly clerical duties. I so long for the appropriate day I can throw my degree certificates in her face - & also that for the rest who have likewise earned their degrees, contrary to what she thought. Welcome to my chaotic world!

I took a peek at YAP to see how my "other world" is doing. Things are even crazy over there. Trolls are staging their mighty troll wars. I am amused at all the cloning and figured that one legit account will get suspended and things will be back to normal. That until a new set of TC-hungry newbies and troll masters will come to wreck havoc. The last one is over 6 months. So I guess this will come to rest on 2nd quarter 2008 and start again on the 4th quarter of 2008. Everywhere is crazy. I think I shall fly back to Pluto =)

No comments: