Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting Ready for Bahrain National Day

Something new seems to come up on the highway nowadays. My short trip from Busaiteen to Sanabis is now worth window-watching. Rather than catching up extra sleep I find myself marveling at colorful posters, the Bahrain Flag scattered all over, adorning light posts, fences, buildings and everywhere else. At night the highway looks livelier with all those dancing lights they draped over the fences and trees. Competing against the number of flags and lights sprouting overnights are those massive billboards of the ruler. I smile in amusement to see fellow commuters raising their hands with a smirk, sometimes a look of disgust or equal amusement at the sight of the boards which seem double in numbers overnight. A week more to go, I bet more lights and flags and huge photos to come. =)












No comments: