Sunday, December 23, 2007

Bahrain registers at 12C-18C today. It is overly chilly and moderately windy as I stepped out of home today. I feel the cold piercing while i silently reprimand myself for not wearing a long-sleeved shirt underneath. The wind continues to howl albeit a little softly unlike the raging moans that kept me awake last night. The cold must be contagiously lethargic because the roads are clear despite being a Sunday and the first day after a long weekend.

It's only 8 am but already I'm looking forward for a nice sleep snuggled under thick covers tonight. I smile at the thought of the Bahraini men who have long replaced their relaxing "ghahwa" parties by the roadside with a larger gathering of shisha parties inside the comforts of their homes. At night, young people I haven't seen from the time I moved here congregated by the roadsides with their jackets and scarfs. Aahhh..., longer and colder nights are here.....

No comments: