Monday, May 5, 2008

Tube Entertainment

Personally I think the screen advertising in the Middle East is still to see the best in terms of clarity and creativity. I have yet to see TV ads that makes me smile, laugh and want to buy the product endorsed.

My current favorite TV Ad as of the moment is of the toothpaste commercial showing a boy and a girl sitting at both ends of a long bench everyday, both pretending not to mind the other. In the end, the guy goes to the bench in the middle of the night armed with a saw and cuts half the bench. The next day they sit close to each other.

My least favorite ad is the Lux commercial both in Arabic and English. For the love of me I just hate the singing voice. Case Closed.

And my all time funny favorite:

3 comments:

Ammaro said...

this region still has a lot of progress to make in terms of advertising in general, not just on tv. everyones occupied with posting up more and more banners in the middle of the highway with a million words and details no one can read while theyre driving!

Maldita said...

Ditto to that. I must say though that in the past 2 years I have seen significant changes in terms of creativity in both TV and print ads.

Anonymous said...

LOL have you seen the AMA lamp post ads with all that text and writing describing what programs they offer??? There should be regulations about how small you can go with font size! Plus, *what were they thinking*????

(ok im done)