Thursday, May 15, 2008

Home Alone VS Left in the Airport

I came across this new piece and I am torn between laughing, pitying the child and getting angry at the parents. Of all the stuff the traveling Filipino immigrant family have to left behind, they actually left their 23-month old toddler in a huge international airport! The poor boy speaks no English and was left all alone wandering near the departure area. I suddenly envisioned a brave Home Alone Kid and a brave Wandering in the Airport Alone kid. =))

It must have been a frenzied journey and while it's an honest mistake, it is a wake-up call for all parents. It is not enough to "love" your kids. They deserve your full attention too! Their safety and needs comes as top priority.

It is a happy ending for the family, they are lucky this time. I'm pretty sure they'd take no chances next time. What a great story for the boy to tell someday: how brave I was all by myself in Vancouver.


Click here for the full story

No comments: