Thursday, September 27, 2007

Turtly

The turtle dances!

My friend Alexa send over a turtle for her morning greetings. I burst out laughing at a hippy turtle dancing his lisp-version of Gasolina. I feel happy for a moment only to be spiralling down the drain of loneliness. I miss my friends in Dubai. And right now I specially missed my gay friend Danielle. After gulps of large cans of Red Horse & shots of tequila courtesy of our friend who dropped by Dubai Duty Free , she sits immobile. She stared half-dazed at the rest of us in the circle toying with scattered peels of lime and cigarette butts. Someone grabbed a cd and we hear the opening notes of "Gasolina". Danielle sprungs up and dances wildly much to our glee. Another birthday wasted, another good day with friends etched in memory..sigh..


No comments: