Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Maldita and the Pomegranate

Z and I sat in the backseat of hubby's car with our spoons poised to attack a packet of sliced fresh fruits for lunch the other day. We were halfway through the mix of papaya, watermelon, kiwi, pineapple, pear, apple, orange, grape and pomegranate when she noticed I was avoiding the pile of pomegranate seeds.She asked me if I didn't like them. I said, "I love them but it's a hassle to eat them with no tissue box inside this d**n car. I have nowhere to spit the seeds out". She stared at me in disbelief with her mouth agape. And I did wonder why. And then she burst out laughing till tears ran down her eyes. And she said, "You idiot, you eat them ALL! Chew the seeds and swallow them all of them" And all I managed to say was "Oh"


----
If you must know, pomegranates are not grown where I come from. They are not popular either. We have our own share of tropical fruits to feast on.

3 comments:

milai said...

Hehehehehe!

The closest I got to being with pomegranate is through my pomegranate-scented lotion and perfume (The Bath & Body Works ones). Good thing you shared this so I won't say the same thing when I encounter a pomegranate fruit. :P

Rodelette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rodelette said...

nyahahaha! you give her santol or pakol then tell her to swallow everything too.