Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What Happened????

I’m still in blog-hibernation-mode. I just heard news of a huge traffic accident just now involving a number of cars in the highway in Manama, near the street that will lead you to Bab Al Bahrain. I haven’t heard of any concrete news and there’s no way I can access a radio from here. For some reason I wanna know what exactly happened. Anybody here knows?


*btw, I think that highway is a tad small and full of traffic lights for a "highway". Bahrain's population is growing and the highway seems to have grown congested. the ride home used to be stress-free and quick. now the roads are clear only on friday mornings and when a foreign dignitary is being whisked to the airport.

---- edit

Okay so we heard it wrong. The accident took place below the Seef bridge, involving three young men in a car and a 6-wheeler truck. One has died on the spot, two are seriously injured and the truck driver is on the run. Investigations are still underway.

No comments: